Good timing! Though, as I understand it, Comics Curmudgeon isn’t completely convinced that he isn’t dead yet. We are talking about a strip where Death, in a mask and tuxedo no less, has made an appearance.
Oh, Ces; it’s not Funky who died, it’s the girl on the cell phone. Funky will be tortured with the thought of her meaningless death, fall off the wagon, drive home drunk, and take out a vanload of Make a Wish kids.
This is a cut-and-paste on something I posted over at Son of Stuck Funky…
So, what’s the vote? Is he…
1. Dead, that is, really dead, and wandering in that not-quite-aware Twilight Zone?
2. “Dead,” as in having died in a dream incurred while unconscious after boppin’ his noggin on some part of the PT?
3. Alive and well (as well as one can be when one is stuck in Funkytown), but about to come upon now-dead Phone Girl?
4. Dead, that is, really dead, and about to find out when he comes upon Phone Girl, who is calling 9-1-1 to report an accident where “I think the other guy is dead,” causing him to look back, whereupon he sees his legs protruding from his lifeless body, pinned under the PT Cruiser, which, along with Chunky, has actually been totaled? (Yeah, I know, that one’s really just more Twilight Zone stuff, but the possibilities are soooooo endless…)
5. Alive and well, but about to have some life-changing epiphany?
6. Alive and well, and about to walk over the hill and out of this storyline, leaving the strip open to yet another Harry and Lefty story?
Don’t leave us in suspense, Batiuk…there are so many ways you can disappoint us!