Judge Parker: So What’s With the House?
Due to a narrative miscue on my part—and in no way Mike’s doing—the strip suddenly just cuts to a close-up of a house with zero explanation in today’s third panel. But the truth is there are several possible explanations. Here are but a few…
• These are upscale kids from well-heeled families, so they can’t simply be eaten by hill-dwelling cannibals. The monsters have to come from good homes.
• The crash actually took place in an upstairs bedroom. There’s a giant hole on the other side of the house.
• I’m using the strip to introduce my spin-off comic characters. They’re sort of like Ents, but split-level homes.
• The actual narrator of the strip just got out of bed. They’re going to tell you a completely different story about how rampant alcoholism ruined the Teddy Bear picnic.
• It was an abrupt way to introduce our haunted house subplot, but just know a doll is about to peer through that window.
• If you know a better way to advertise my wooden shutters and cloth blinds business you tell me.